At a black-tie celebration on Tuesday, April 25 at the Beverly Hills Hotel, the Southern California chapter of the American Society of Travel Agents (SoCal ASTA) honored two travel industry stalwarts – Anastasia Mann of Corniche Travel and Lois Mitchell of Protravel – with its Diamond Award.
The event, which also celebrated the chapter’s 82-year anniversary, was attended by over 250 notables in the luxury travel industry from Southern California, ranging from agency owners and supplier executives to top frontline travel advisors.
Mann and Mitchell were recognized for their unique, lasting, and extraordinary contributions to the travel industry and for their ongoing support of ASTA on a local, state, and national level, SoCal ASTA said.
The evening’s other notable SoCal ASTA award winners were:
- Professional Development Award: Virtuoso
- Susan D. Tanzman Advocacy Award: Ensemble Travel Group
- Travel Agent of the Year: Katie Cadar, TravelStore
- Millennial of the Year: Myste Wylde, Protravel
- Allied Member of the Year: Geraldine Harvey, Outrigger Hotels
- Cruise Representative of the Year: Randall Raudt, JD, Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
- Hotel Representative of the Year: Aiko Accame, Dorchester Hotels
- Air Representative of the Year: Ranjan Goswami, Delta Air Lines
- Tour Representative of the Year: Robbe Pollack, Trafalgar Tours
- Travel Insurance Representative of the Year: Julie Baker, TripAssure
This year, SoCal ASTA partnered with PBS in a consumer awareness campaign and with The Travel Institute to provide 20 full scholarships to help travel professionals complete their CTA, CTC, or CTIE programs.