There is NOT a complete ban on travel to/from Europe.
- The proclamation does NOT pertain to United States Citizens or any lawful permanent resident of the United States, (detailed list below). The Proclamation only impacts foreign nationals who reside in or have visited countries in the Schengen Area in the past 14 days.
- The list does NOT include all of Europe. Ireland, Scotland, England, and Wales are NOT on the list of impacted countries as they are not in the Schengen Area.
- The list only includes the following members of The Schengen Area: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
Regardless of the area you are traveling from, the proclamation does not pertain to:
- US Citizens, or any lawful permanent resident of the United States
- Any alien who is the spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Any alien who is the parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident is unmarried and under the age of 21
- Any alien who is the sibling of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that both are unmarried and under the age of 21.
- Any alien who is the child, foster child, or ward of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, or who is a prospective adoptee seeking to enter the United States pursuant to the IR-4 or IH-4 visa classifications
In fact, there is a fairly lengthy list of additional people who are exempt from the proclamation which you can read by following this link for the White House Proclamation.
If you have any questions about the proclamation and/or your travel plans, please reach out to your Corniche Travel account manager(s) or call us at 310-854-6000 or toll-free at 1-800-852-4417.
Please also remember that Corniche Travel has access to private charters to the US throughout Europe, or to/from any destination including the US, worldwide.
Charter requests are multiplying fast, so please don’t hesitate to contact us at 310-854-6000 or toll-free at 1-800-852-4417!
You can reach me directly at all hours, even after-hours at [email protected]
Stay safe, travel wisely!
We are here for you 24/7,
Chairman / CEO